Saturday, April 05, 2008

Creedie Pie

Creed is our very active 3 year old. When I took him in for his well child check, I asked about his speech. He's no where close to where Brodie was at his age. I can understand most of what he says, but then there are times that even I can't understand it. He went in for a hearing test and at that time he had a "flat" left ear and what they call conductive hearing loss. Meaning that at the time he couldn't hear much of anything in that ear.

He is SUPER congested ALL of the time. I've tried EVERYTHING known...without going to the Dr. to get a prescription to get him decongested. Like over the counter meds, humidifier in his room, cool in the house at night, saline in his nose...yes, everything. Nothing works long term. It isn't too bad when he's upright, but sleeping, well it's not good. He wakes up most nights at least once. On a bad night, he can be up three to four times. This means not good sleep for him and for me. So we're both cranky. I do have an appointment with the pediatrician, but of course that isn't until April 18. I'm hoping once I take him in, she can give him something better for his congestion. Of course she may tell me that I have to wait until I see the ENT too. That would REALLY suck!! For the both of us!!!

Bill and I took him back to the audiologist. His "flat" left ear was peaking some, but his right ear was "flat". Both of his ear drums look "dull". I guess when you look at an ear drum, it's supposed to look "shiny" or have a "reflection". Neither of his ears has this. We have to take him to the ENT, but will have to wait until May 20 for that appointment. The audiologist said that most likely Creed has fluid always behind his middle ear and most likely he'll need tubes put in his ears. I'm not sure about his adenoids, we'll have to find out about that.

So, if you're saying a prayer, please say one for him! I'd really appreciate it!

1 comment:

Jody said...

Aww. I went through that with my 2nd son. He was a very sick toddler, but once he got his tt&a (tonsils tubes and adenoids) he was a new kid. His speech improved, his white count went down for the first time in his little life (it had always hovered above 14k on up to 30k) and he started sleeping really well.

Hang in there!