Sunday, July 01, 2007

The MEANEST parents ever!!!!!

Today Jenna and I made a little agreement. I would let her listen and dance to her CD that she wanted and once she was finished with that, she would pick up her room without any complaints.

So, I loaded up the CD and she listened to her FAVORITE songs...sung be Raffi. Especially "Down by the bay". She danced and had a very joyful time.

After all of this, she got on the computer, played with her brothers, etc. Basically anything and everything NOT to pick up her room.

While I was making dinner, she was supposed to be picking it up. Dinner came, dinner went. She was sent to her room to PICK IT UP!!

Then the BITCHING AND COMPLAINING started. She can't possibly pick up her room by herself, there was far too much to do. I can go on and on.

I kindly told her that we had made an agreement and she was failing to uphold her part of our agreement. This lead to more complaining.

Her Dad gave her 10 minutes to get the job done. As all of my 5 readers know, it really would only take 5 minutes if you would just get it done. It just doesn't work that way. No matter how many times we explain this to her, she still chooses to ignore these words of wisdom.

I gave her 5 more minutes to get the job done. Then I had it. Bill kept her on the bed while I got the DREADED trash bag. Yes, her things went into the trash bag. Things that she LOVES AND ADORES went into the trash bag. I don't think she will ever get them back. She had a very ugly mouth and paid the price for things that spewed from it.

OH, how much I love that little girl!! She is SO SMART that sometimes I think we forget that she'll just be 6 years old this August. We're aiming for a better day tomorrow. As you know....THE SUN WILL COME OUT TOMORROW!! Well, that is true probably in the States, but when you're in the middle of monsoon season, the sun doesn't always come out and it's pouring buckets of rain.

3 comments:

Ginster23 said...

Boy oh BOY YOU ARE mean!!! Are there any good toys I might like??

hollibobolli said...

I tell you - I can see those years coming. Faith is already saying she's too little to pick up her toys... so we started a chore chart - at THREE!! Not many chores - but she's spent too much time around another sassy child in my family and oh dear. Someone did recommend a good book to me - I can pass on the title if you're interested.

Although seriously, the trash bag thing sounds like a good idea. Except I would be pissed off that I had to throw away things that I bought!!! It wouldn't be her losing HER things... it would be more like MY things. LOL!!

I think I'm going to have to follow this story and learn. eeek!

Jenna said...

Holli-

I would love the name of the book!!

I've come to realize that the trash bag thing works or I've even used a big box and labeled it..send to Africa, China, Russia, Korea. Trust me, I hate doing it and I think of all the $$$ that is going into that bag.

Sometimes she does get the stuff back, but this time, I'm pretty sure she won't AND it doesn't bother me. Mostly because of all the ugly things she said. She needs to learn that if she talks ugly, ugly things will happen.

Oh, the joys of parenthood!!