Sunday, July 06, 2008

E-mart

Today we ventured out into the city and went to E-mart. It's within walking distance, so we don't have to take the car out into the city. The downfall is, we can't buy too much or we'd have to take a taxi back to the gate. I guess that's not too much of a problem.

When we arrived to E-mart, it reminded us of Wal-mart, Target at Christmas. Very crowded with people. I'm sure that it's not that crowded during the weekdays. I'm sure I'll find out at some point. We got some things and then made the trip back to post.

On the way back, we noticed this alley. I turned and looked at Bill, saying something to the effect of, "Is that a hooker back there?" He said that it looked like some of the alley around CP Casey when he was here 13 years ago. I told him that I didn't notice it on the way to E-mart, neither did he. He also said something to the effect of "I bet that area is off limits." I'm pretty sure that it is. Unless you want to take a visit to the Dr. shortly after. Reminded me of a story he told me when we got here. The first time he came to Korea, we weren't married, actually didn't even know one another then. So, he was by himself. A guy had just arrived to Korea and was told about the "red light" district. He was told that was asking Bill about the water here. He said that it hurt everytime he peed. Bill knew where he'd been by just that one comment. Bill told the guy he needed to go to the Dr.

Next time I go, I'll try to remember the camera. Then I'll have some pictures to show you all.

1 comment:

Bobbie aka Mimi of 3 said...

E-mart within walking distance? I can make endless trips for those wonderful crackers.