Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Yaki Mondu anyone???



While my Mom was here, we found the local E-mart. This place is kind of like an upper scale Wal-mart, or Wally World as my better half states. I've taken my Mom here before at the E-mart in Daegu. Once we walked in, my Mom stated that she forgot just how bad it smells in there. I however, am used to all of the weird and sometimes yucky smells. I was thinking it smell kind of good. I guess it just shows you how you can adapt to different cultures. When we were in the grocery section, they had some ladies out giving samples. I've had yaki mondu before and really like it. My Mom hasn't tried it before. So, I saw this nice lady making samples of yaki mondu, the kind I like and kimchi yaki mondu. My Mom thought it was SO delicious!! Of course, I make sure NOT to get the kimchi kind. So, one day for lunch my Mom and I had some yaki and there was plenty left over in the freezer. We never got around to having the rest.


Monday night I just wasn't sure what we were going to have for dinner. I made the kids their typical food, mac 'n cheese and chicken. Then I thought I'd make the yaki mondu for Bill and I, have some shrimp and green beans on the side. He came home and thought that I had ACTUALLY made the yaki mondu. I told him, well I did make it....from the freezer.


If you like different types of foods, then I suggest Yaki Mondu. They will probably have it at a Korean restaurant. It tastes like a little dumpling type egg roll. Just go have some!!!!

1 comment:

hollibobolli said...

YUM - it sounds great! I'm so tired of eating what is left in our refrigerator.